The high-grade keyboard WK-500 with 76 keys offers a wealth of sound diversity, rendered effectively via the AHL sound chip. Added to this is the wide range of functions, offering a diverse playground for music enthusiasts. The 305 useful music presets invite users to interpret their choice of rock and pop classics. With the rhythm editor, styles can be adapted quickly and easily to the user’s own requirements, the range of effects provide interesting sound variations (10 reverb, 5 chorus, auto-harmonizer, arpeggiator). Individual song recordings can be created with the sequencer (6 tracks/5 songs) and the sampling function (10 seconds) is available for sound recordings. A wide range of connection options – audio input, microphone input – round off the broad spectrum of possibilities.
76 dynamic touch keys
Ample space for music: the 6 octave keyboard scope offers the best range of options and ideal freedom for turning your musical ideas into reality.
670 AHL tones
The high-quality 670 AHL tones create clear and dynamic sounds, which unfold in all sounds and rhythms found in classical piano pieces, as well as many other genres.
Sound diversity at its best: the WK-500 can play up to 48 voices at the same time, turning interpretation of a wide range of musical pieces into a pure pleasure.
Step-up learning system
The improved step-up learning system from CASIO is based on the principal "learning by playing": as in traditional piano lessons, the practice piece is split up into individual bar sections and learnt step-by-step. The small learning units guarantee motivation and learning success.
Step 1: Listen
Step 2: See and repeat with visual support
Step 3: Remember and play without help
When the "Auto" mode is switched on, a set practice goal must be reached before the next bar section is displayed. With the "Next" mode you can set your own learning speed.
200 rhythms 200 rhythms provide you with a colourful overview of the world of music.
Quick access: you can store up to 32 setups (8 benches with 4 memory spaces each) in the registration memory.
A feature with fun factor: the simple sampling of sounds via an external sound source such as MP3 and CD players (via Audio-in) or microphone (via Mic-in) offers interesting effects and amusing compositions. Whether a bar of your favourite musical piece, loops or drum sounds, human voices or noises of any kind – the recorded samples (up to 10 seconds) can be played via the keyboard and effects added as desired.
Scale tuning The scale tuning functions open up a whole new world of oriental quarter tones and the tempering of baroque or classical music.
With the arpeggiator, a chord played on the keyboard is divided into a sequence of individual notes repeated in succession. Perfect for all dance or electro styles!
The "Music Preset Library" contains 305 "one touch settings“ based on popular rock and pop songs. The useful pre-settings for rhythm, tone, tempo, effects etc. makes time-consuming searches for the right settings a thing of the past. This assistant makes playing the "top 300" child’s play!
Pop rhythm with a touch of jazz, jazz rhythm with a shot of pop: with the rhythm editor, elements from different rhythms can be combined and edited. 10 user slots are available for individual style editing.
This practice is fun and exercises your mind too: Music Challenge is a play function where the player has to hit the illuminated keys as fast as possible. On keyboards without illuminated keys, musicians can play via the large LC display: The aim of the game is to hit the correct keys as quickly as possible.
USB Plug & Play/Song expansion
The USB/MIDI(GM) connection enables further Midfile songs to be loaded into the internal memory via the "Song expansion". No software installation from a CD-ROM required thanks to Plug & Play and the USB driver is compatible with both Mac and Windows (from Mac OSX 10.03 and Windows XP/Vista).
With the sequencer (6 track/5 songs), you can record your own ideas quickly and easily in real-time (capacity: 12,000 notes).
Play or sing along – a solution for the future: connect a CD or MP3 player to the Audio input of your WK-500. Your favourite tunes are played via the loudspeakers of the keyboard in "half playback" – you can play along for the keyboard part. A good alternative to MIDI playback, particularly if you don’t want to edit the song.
Fit for the stage: The line-out enables you to connect your high grade keyboard with stage equipment such as loud speakers and mixers or your stereo system at home.
SD card slot
The innovative SD memory medium offers a simple means of expanding the internal song memory of the WK-500 to limitless levels.
Pitch bend wheel
Playing aids such as the pitch bend wheel enable you to temporarily change the pitch of played notes, to authentically reproduce guitar or saxophone playing techniques.
Microphone input (Mic-in)
Simply plug in and get singing: The WK-500 has a practical microphone input facility that allows users to sing along to a selection of songs or make recordings using the sampling function.
Peaceful enjoyment: the WK-500 comes equipped with a headphone connection.
Powerful loudspeaker system
Powerful sound: the amplifier system with four loudspeakers with 2 x 6 watt creates a harmonious and uniform sound.
- 76 dynamic touch keys
- Touch Response
- 2 types, Off
- Maximum Polyphony
- 48 notes (24 for certain tones)
- Built-in Tones
- Sampling Tones
- Up to 8 (Melody Sampling: 5, Drum Sampling: 3)
- Up to 10 seconds
- Functions: Layer, Split
- 1 to 10, Off
- 1 to 5, Off
- Beats per Measure: 0, 2 to 6
- Tempo Range: 30 to 255
- Step Up Lesson
- Lessons: 4 (Listen, Watch, Remember, Auto)
- Lesson Part: L, R, LR
- Functions: Repeat, Voice Fingering Guide, Note Guide, Performance Evaluation
- Music Challenge
- 20 notes
- Auto Accompaniment
- Built-in Rhythms: 200
- User Rhythms: Up to 10 (Accompaniment Edit)
- 32 (4 setups x 8 banks)
- Real-time recording, playback
- Keyboard Play
- 5 songs, 6 tracks
- Playing Along with a Built-in Song
- 1 song (L, R, LR)
- Memory Capacity
- Approximately 12,000 notes (total for 6 songs)
- Other Functions
- Transpose: ±1 octaves (12 semitones)
- Octave Shift: Upper/Lower ± 2 octaves
- Tuning: A4 = approx. 440 Hz ± 100 cents
- Scale tuning: Scale Fine Tune, Quarter Tone, Preset Scales
- Music Preset: 305
- One Touch Preset: 200
- Auto Harmonize: 12 types
- Arpeggiator: 90 types
- 16 multi-tone received, GM Level 1 standard
- Musical information Function
- Tone, Rhythm, Song Bank, numbers and names; staff notation, fingering, pedal operation, tempo, measure and beat number, chord name, etc.
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Pitch Bend Range: 0 to 12 semitones
- SD Memory Cards
- Supported SD Memory Cards: 2GB or less
- Functions: SMF playback, file storage, file recall, file delete, card format
- USB port: TYPE B
- Sustain/ Assignable jack: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, rhythm start/stop)
- Phones jack: Stereo standard jack
- Line Out R, L/MONO jacks: Standard jack x 2; Output Impedance: 2.3kΩ, Output Voltage: 1.5V(RMS)MAX
- Audio in jack: Stereo mini jack; Input Impedance: 9kΩ, Input Sensitivity: 200mV
- Mic In jack: Standard jack; Input Impedance: 3kΩ, Input Sensitivity: 10mV
- Power jack
- 12 V DC
- Power Supply
- 6 D-size zinc-carbon batteries or alkaline batteries
- Battery Life
- Approximately 4 hours continuous operation on alkaline batteries
- AC Adaptor
- Auto Power OffApproximately 6 minutes after last key operation (Operates during battery use only)
- 12 cm x 2 + 3 cm x 2 (Output: 6.0 W + 6.0 W)
- Power Consumption
- 12 V = 18 W
- 118.7 x 40.0 x 15.5 cm (46 ¾ x 15 ¾ x 6 1/8 inch)
- Approximately 8.2 kg (18.1 lbs) (without batteries)